Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's been a day.....but God is Good!!

Well, I think I've recovered after making it through a very hectic and crazy friday!! I got up at 3:45am to see my hubby off to the airport who was flying out of town on business. So....after trying to go back to bed and not succeeding....I got up and started my day. Fed the baby and headed out to meet up with a friend. I decided to take the highway to get there quicker and returned the same way. I got home....picked up the other kids and went to meet my friend Cissy at the mall. On the way home (thankfully not on the highway) my tire blew out. I made it to the side of the road and then tried to figure out what to do next.

Over the next hour it was nuts!! a friend from work came to help change the tire and while he was doing that, Cissy came, we took my kids home and then drove to pick up another van. Meanwhile, he got the spare tire on only to find it was somewhat flat.....so he drove up the road to get some air in it to make it home. As he was driving, he gets pulled over by a policeman becuase he had his hazard lights on and he wanted to tell him that he had a flat tire (duh!! no kidding...!!)

Talk about bizarre.....well we all made it back home and I thought that was the end of a crazy day. Then my hubby calls me on his way back to his hotel to see how we were doing. In all the chaos earlier he didn't get to tell me that when the driver had picked them up in the morning.....he had set his briefcase down and ran into the hotel to go to the bathroom before their 2 hour drive only to come back out and find the driver had driven over his briefcase which had his laptop in it!! His briefcase is totally trashed and the laptop screen is cracked!! UUGGHH!!!

He gets back to the hotel and is exhausted and trying to get ready for bed....when a fire alarm goes off in the hotel prompting all guests down to the lobby and outside!! Thankfully it was only a glitch with the alarm and no fire.

Talk about a crazy day!! One which I'd rather not repeat!! but God did protect and hopefully the repair will be easy.

2 comments:

  1. ....And aren't we glad that day is over and we can laugh now? Actually...we were laughing then too :) Glad everyone is ok. Things can be replaced...but precious people can't!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.... yes, thank the Lord that that day is over! and His mercies are new every morning. You are both such a great example to me of trusting in His sovereignty... love to you all from the Walti family!

    ReplyDelete