Yes, I am off the wagon again!! with all the back to school stuff and running back and forth to church for tutoring and enrichment classes (not to mention voice lessons)...my "free" time to update my blog has all but disappeared!! I used to be able to put the kids in bed and do some updating, but by that point, I am just too tired!! Well, I will try and do better and get back on track!!
So...what have we been up to? Well, soccer season is back in full swing...this is week #3....with 3 more to go for the regular season and 5 more for Jonathan's group. Joshua is participating in a P.E. class this session and they are learning all the basics of how to play football!! he loves it!! and then there's just school, school and more school!! Seems like we forgot how to do almost everything...but they are bouncing back and moving ahead....just readjusting I guess.
Anyway, several months ago, I had planned a "end-of-summer" or "back-to-school" get-a-way since the two big kids took classes over the sumemr and felt like we really didn't get much of a break this year...so I thought a quick trip would rejuvenate all of us. So off to where else, but Disney!! We booked a room at the Carribbean Beach Resort...just like being on the islands!! Only we had originally planned to be there for two nights but had to cancel one. We had previously committed to cook food for #160 seniors, spouse and middle school kids at our church's annual Senior Appreciation Luncheon...so we had to get back and get ready for that.
So here are some pictures from the pool there. Hopey had a blast!! she loved the life jacket...actually loved opening and closing the buckles more than wearing it...but she was a trooper. She conquered the baby slide and them moved over to the bigger one (which I didn't get a picture of) but she did great!! her face was priceless coming around the corner!! but Daddy was there to catch her!!
We met up with our friends the Romanacce's to have dinner at Fuddruckers...an old favorite from up north that we realized is now in Orlando!! it was amazing....I was so hungry (and it tasted soooo good) I actually ate my whole burger (not usual for me!!)....then we headed over to Port Orleans Resort to eat beignets!! What a treat!! Since I didn't get to go to New Orleans with Nicole and Michael on the Mission X trip and visit Cafe du Monde...I had to at least get a substitute.
One other BIG event for this overnighter was a trip over to Sea World (we have resident passes this year...so we can come and go as we please!!) and Joshua was FINALLY tall enough to ride Manta!! You have to be at least 54 inches tall and for the last few months that we have gone there...he didn't quite make it. So we've been stretching him and poking and prodding to get him to shoot up. Well, it finally worked!! and he got to ride a few times before the lines got too long!! This was a big step for him...so Congrats!! we are sooo proud of you!!
There was a small amount of down time....which is amazing in itself considering we have a 19 month old!! but we did get some rest and enjoyed our family time together...it just went wwwwaaaaayyyy to fast. But then again, doesn't it always??!!! well, I guess we'll just have to book another one soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment